YOUR REPLY COUNTS: Gauging interest

Moderator: aquavelvis

aquavelvis

Re: YOUR REPLY COUNTS: Gauging interest

Postby aquavelvis » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:39 pm

I'll put a PHX motor in a GTP car that's currently just gathering dust and bring it to the shop and see how much abuse it'll take.
Scott Taylor
Low-9-er

CARSHouston

Postby CARSHouston » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:36 am

If I continue to race and race in the Scale Series, I will never race with a Phoenix motor.
Given the poor leadership of the USRA by Shontel , I didn't think we could have worse until we had Roger Schmitt, who managed to run off JK products and have NASRA created to challenge USRA. I'll pass on anything marketed as Mid America Raceway products including the Phoenix motor.
George

aquavelvis

Postby aquavelvis » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:37 pm

PHX motor is now legal in GTP for racing at Magnatech.

I have one in a GT12 chassis geared 13/34, and ran it around some tonight. It was good for a 5.488 and a boatload of easy 5.6's, but it was all straightaway speed because it was way loose and had to peddle it out of the turns. But it was a good start.

Still, the GTP qualifying record here is 5.3-something by PA with a Hawk 7 in a JK flexi and that's likely as good as it gets until we get more laps in with the PHX.
Scott Taylor
Low-9-er

CARSHouston

Postby CARSHouston » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:29 pm

Like I said if you race it in the Scale Series, count me as one less entry. I don't see how He should profit from his poor or possibility dishonest leadership

aquavelvis

Postby aquavelvis » Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:45 am

I understand and appreciate what you're saying, George, and wouldn't surprise me a bit if the USRA officially removes itself from life support and waves the white Tango Uniform flag at some point. Given what has transpired it would be fitting. And if the NASRA picks up the ball and succeeds, more power to it. We'll see how this plays out.

Back to a potential revival of the Scale Series, if I'm again in the position of running it--and no one else is yelling, "Me! Me!"-- if the PHX is allowed, the other motors would also still be legal. And as far as I can tell right now, they'll be competitive. It'd be great if you raced with us and beat the Phoenix motors that might be in the field with whatever you're running. I won't run a Phoenix if the Hawk 7 and/or PS4002 seems a better option.

And if the USRA snuffs it, the PHX may go away with it.
Scott Taylor
Low-9-er

CARSHouston

Postby CARSHouston » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:55 am

You might want to hold off on the NARSA taking over, I understand there were some complaints over their complete lack of rules at their Nats. I'm hopeful that the new leadership of USRA will improve things. I'm interested in running the Scale Series, but haven't gotten the answers I need from the people I'm taking to.

aquavelvis

Postby aquavelvis » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:31 pm

The whole idea of NASRA rules rules did seem pretty loosy-goosy from what I saw on Fakebook a month or so before their Nats, but didn't say anything or ask any questions since I wasn't planning to participate anyway...no skin in the game. Just thought I'd wait and see.

Also, didn't know that there is new leadership at USRA so maybe it can now recover.

And if you're interested in running the Scale Series, bravo! I've got a few years worth of Word and Excel files of rules, standings, tech data, etc that you're more than welcome to. Here's hoping you can make some progress on whatever you're looking to find out.
Scott Taylor
Low-9-er

AustinSlotCars

Postby AustinSlotCars » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:21 am

We are open to holding races in Austin as long as we can schedule around conflicts we have with our other business onsite. We are in the process of repainting the tracks now. I would love to see a set of rules and info on the type of power you guys would like to see on the track.

aquavelvis

Postby aquavelvis » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:38 pm

Hi, Austin guys

If this series gets some legs and restarts, we definitely would want to come to your place to play. Rest assured that if I'm running it, any prospective race date(s) would be submitted to you and other raceway owners for consideration/discussion and approval via private message or email before a schedule would be announced.

The previous 2017 rules are posted on this board at viewforum.php?f=19

We're still using those rules in San Antonio for our Flexi LMP class and Scale GTP class, though there have been some additions to allowable motors in GTP. We've also started to let some new LMP bodies filter in that aren't on the old Approved Bodies lists. See the Magnatech forums for more info. And bear in mind that the old rules might or might not survive intact with a new series.

Hope that's helpful.

Thanks
Scott
Scott Taylor
Low-9-er

CARSHouston

Postby CARSHouston » Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:38 am

Scott
check your PM, I'm trying to send you one.
Not sure if I did it correctly.
George

Return to “South Texas Scale Series”