6 posts • Page 1 of 1
the pitts wrote:Please go to the USRA web site and read sections for bodies & chassis that are approved for the classes you will be racing in.
G. Puetz Tech. Director
Thanks, Gary, and that's definitely good advice. I've taken the liberty to attach a PDF of the rules in this reply.
Unfortunately, all I'll be able to do is Group F, and most everything in that section of the rule book looks reasonable to me. But I do have some questions in red below:
1. Only the ProSlot 4002FK is allowed.
2. Springs and brushes may be changed. Springs must be of three-coil type from a USRA-approved manufacturer.
Sounds good, but in case I want to check, where's the approved manufacturer's list? There's no such heading in the Table of Contents.
3. Motors must remained sealed
I like simple rules and these look simple enough, but they don't mention soldered can bushings, superglued endbell bushings, brush hood alignment, and other things that can be done without opening up the motor and ruining the seal. Is there already, or will there be, clarification about such stuff?
1. Any current, legal USRA Grp 12 chassis. Chassis may not be modified except the pans may be removed. So my legal-at-DSC-in-2015 Slick 7, not listed on the "GP-12/Grp F Chassis" list on p.43-44, is no longer allowed, correct? I'm not saying I like that but will accept it if it''s the case.
- 2018 USRA Rule Book 063018.pdf
- (1.34 MiB) Downloaded 75 times
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests