Series Race and Points Prizes

Moderator: aquavelvis

aquavelvis

Series Race and Points Prizes

Postby aquavelvis » Tue May 07, 2019 1:04 pm

Apologies that we didn't have prizes in hand on April 20, and unfortunately they won't be ready for this Saturday's races in San Antonio, either.

Suffice to say that if you finished first, second, or third in either race on April 20, or if you do so this coming Saturday, you will receive a box plate for doing so. I will either mail it to you once I have them, or hand it to you at the next series race meet in Austin.

At the end of the series, first, second, and third place in points in each class will receive a wall plaque.

There is one catch here: If in any given class there are only three or fewer races, there will be no season-end award plaque for that class. The Novice class is already down one race in that regard since there was no race in Houston on April 20.
Scott Taylor
Low-9-er

aquavelvis

Re: Series Race and Points Prizes

Postby aquavelvis » Fri May 31, 2019 3:22 pm

I should receive the race prizes from Ralph Thorne early next week, and will bring them to Pflugerville on June 8. If you won 1st, 2nd, or 3rd or Concours in Houston and/or San Antonio, you can pick them up there; or, I can mail them to you or hand them off to you at Magnatech if you're a regular there.

The prizes are 2-inch x 3-inch metal box plates with an adhesive backing that you can stick on your slot car box. Or refrigerator, forehead, or whatever makes you happy. They look like this:

race prices thru June 8 single 053119.jpg
race prices thru June 8 single 053119.jpg (17.62 KiB) Viewed 57 times

Note that this image is an enlargement of a smaller image that Ralph sent to me, and thus doesn't have the resolution of the actual plates, which will look much better.
Scott Taylor
Low-9-er

aquavelvis

Re: Series Race and Points Prizes

Postby aquavelvis » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:29 pm

The box plates for the first three races arrived this week, and I'm bringing them with me to Austin tomorrow. So, if you win, place, or show in any of the races on Saturday, you'll get near-immediate gratification in the form of one of these plates. I'll try to get podium pictures this time, too, since I failed to do that in the earlier races in Houston and San Antonio.

I'll also bring the plates for Houston and San Antonio races and hand them out to any winners who are present in Austin. I'll mail the plates for those races to anyone who isn't.
Scott Taylor
Low-9-er

Return to “South Texas Scale Series”