Race Report: 2023 Race 2, Pflugerville, April 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Report: 2023 Race 2, Pflugerville, April 8

Another nice turnout allowed us to run two mains in LMP and a main with three sit-outs in GTP.

Austin area racer Dave Moir issued a beat-down in LMP: he TQ'ed, won the race by six laps, and set fast race lap. Deron Mueller Jr finished on the same lap but just ahead of his dad Deron for second place, and PA Watson made a strong late charge to finish a lap down in fourth.

In GTP it was PA dominating with TQ, a win by 10 laps, and fast race lap. Deron Jr and Deron again took second and third, and Dave was fourth with what looked like his LMP-winning car with a body change.

Complete results and tech data are shown below.

Many thanks to Thomas Schaffer for letting us race our cars at Capital City Raceway. The track was ready and in great condition.

My Outasight Audi, painted by PA Watson, took LMP concours:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230408_115216.jpg Views:	0 Size:	100.7 KB ID:	2783

This RTR Warrior took GTP concours. I believe it was Deron Jr's but I may have that wrong. If it was yours, let me know! I really like the splatter-paint.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230408_152612.jpg Views:	0 Size:	81.3 KB ID:	2784

Here are final results and tech data:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Results, tech race 2 CCR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	335.8 KB ID:	2785
    Last edited by aquavelvis; April 14, 2023, 10:50 AM.
    Scott Taylor
    Med. Ctr.
    San Antonio
Working...
X