Race Report: 2022 Race 2, Houston, April 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Report: 2022 Race 2, Houston, April 9

Small turnouts this week, but we had enough volunteer marshals to avoid running crash-and-burn on the Hillclimb.

Bottom line is that PA Watson swept the day with one car, running a GTP body on the same car he whipped us with in LMP. One gets the idea that he's pretty good at this! Complete results and tech data are at the bottom of the post.

LMP
    JT Teflos TQ'ed with an LMP track record of 3.210.

PA took the win by 11 over JT, with Jerry Straznicky in third. Overall the local racers whipped up on the three out-of-towners, as we had our usual difficulties getting timing down on the tricky Hillclimb. My motor croaked and put me out of my misery with 2.5 heats left, but wouldn't have made much difference in the standings if had had kept going.

Jerry Straznicky's PA-painted Kelly Eagle took LMP concours.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220409_114719.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.7 KB ID:	2179

Pro GTP
    PA swapped his old OS Bentley body onto the LMP car he just beat us with, TQ'ed with a new track record, and beat Jerry by five laps for the win. Wade Vrtis completed the podium in third while the rest of us, let's say, didn't do too hot.

Jerry had a real nice PA-painted Bentley that took concours.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220409_144345.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.3 KB ID:	2180

PA's ancient Bentley post-race. We shoulda black-flagged it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1291.jpg Views:	2 Size:	181.4 KB ID:	2181

Final results and tech data:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Results, tech race 2 SCR.gif Views:	1 Size:	70.8 KB ID:	2184
    Last edited by aquavelvis; April 12, 2022, 01:01 PM.
    Scott Taylor
    Med. Ctr.
    San Antonio

This was a disappointing race in the turnout but the track was in great shape except for the lead-on. I sure hope I can get that fixed sometime. My LMP car was very,very good but stunk in what was a "FULL PUNCH" turn for my NASCAR the previous Tuesday Night!!! J.T. & I had some FANTASTIC racing against each other in the LMP race. That's the kind of racing that fires you up to try harder!!! In the GTP's, Jerry stuck with GT-12 car he chose & HE WAS FAST!!! He got the right tires on the car-we both raced narrow SPEC 12 DURO untreated Fish rubber. That race could have easily gone his way. Thanks to those people who came & race!!! I appreciate the effort & Scott especially for keeping the Scale Series going & expanding again in the Post COVID(I hope) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8125.JPG
Views:	52
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	2183 ERA.

Comment

The results / tech data spreadsheet in the original post has been corrected. Thanks to PA for running down the LMP qualifying times.
      Scott Taylor
      Med. Ctr.
      San Antonio

Comment

Working...
      X