Race Report: 2022 Race 5, Pflugerville, Sept 24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Report: 2022 Race 5, Pflugerville, Sept 24

Race 5 was originally set for PA Watson's Slot Cars LLC in Houston, but his Hasse Hillclimb is currently in storage and "between locations." Tom Shaffer owner of Capital City Raceway in Pflugerville stepped in and agreed to take on Race 5 at CCR, so we raced. Turnout by CCR standards was a little light...seven in LMP and eight in Pro GTP. But those numbers would be great in post-COVID San Antonio.

LMP

I managed to TQ at 3.983, just .022 quicker than Deron Mueller. In the race, the usual suspects rose to the top as PA Watson and Deron ran 1-2 after three heats. They traded the lead the rest of the way, with PA taking the win by one over Deron. I hung on to third, a lap ahead of Josh Cook. (Complete results and tech data are shown below.)

Jerry Straznicky was LMP concours winner with this nifty spidery Orca:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220924_111104.jpg Views:	26 Size:	67.1 KB ID:	2674

LMP podium: L-R, Deron Mueller, 2nd; PA Watson, winner; Scott Taylor, 3rd

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220924_132056.jpg Views:	17 Size:	52.7 KB ID:	2675

Pro GTP

CCR ace Deron Mueller was struggling with a new but really slow (Pro Slot?) motor in practice, so I loaned him a car with a Red Fox chassis and a new JK M12BB motor...all he had to do was add tires and a body. Well, it was a rocket, and he completely dominated the Pro GTP proceedings...a thorough beat-down. Deron TQed at 3.626, faster than PA by .11, then won by 20. Jerry Straznicky came home second, one up on PA in third.

Butch Lake was awarded concours:

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220924_141546.jpg Views:	18 Size:	153.1 KB ID:	2677

And here's the Pro GTP podium: L-R, Jerry Straznicky, 2nd; Deron Mueller, winner; PA Watson, 3rd

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220924_154703.jpg Views:	20 Size:	104.5 KB ID:	2676

Here are complete results and tech data:

Click image for larger version  Name:	Results, tech race 5 CCR.jpg Views:	17 Size:	253.0 KB ID:	2678
    Correction: The header in the results graphic says, "Race 4." It was really Race 5. Sorry for the typo.
    Last edited by aquavelvis; October 24, 2022, 02:24 PM.
    Scott Taylor
    Med. Ctr.
    San Antonio

Here's the LMP grid. Six RTR Orcas...two originals and four of the newer ones...and a Kelly Eagle.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220924_115212.jpg Views:	0 Size:	167.1 KB ID:	2660

...and here's Pro GTP: four O/S Bentleys, a couple of RTR Warriors, a Hi-Speed Rogue, and something I can't tell what it is (and wasn't listed on Butch's tech sheet!).

Click image for larger version  Name:	20220924_143956.jpg Views:	0 Size:	119.9 KB ID:	2661
    Scott Taylor
    Med. Ctr.
    San Antonio

Comment

The LMP race was a heck of a good race from start to finish. Thanks for loaning me the GTP race winning car!! That thing was stuck like chuck, I couldn't hardly make it fall off.

Comment

"...stuck like chuck..." Gotta remember that one! You're very welcome, and you did the car justice!
        Scott Taylor
        Med. Ctr.
        San Antonio

Comment

Working...
        X