Race Report: 2023 Race 3, Pflugerville, May 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race Report: 2023 Race 3, Pflugerville, May 6

As always, track owner Tom Schaffer had the Pflugerville Kingleman in fine shape for race day. Ten racers made it for LMP and nine for Pro GTP.

After Dave Moir TQ’ed in LMP, PA Watson and Deron Mueller gave chase in the race with PA ultimately taking the win with 333 laps and setting fastest race lap. Deron and Dave tied for second at 325 with Deron about 20 feet ahead. Kurt Van Delden finished fourth at 318.

In Pro GTP, PA once again TD’ed followed by Dave and Deron. In fact, the entire field qualified under 4.0, a vast improvement over what we’ve done in the past. Given that, one could easily assume that lap totals would be much better than in the just-concluded LMP race. But no. Broken cars and lots of crashes kept the lap totals well under those in the earlier LMP race. Dave was the eventual winner with PA in second, and Joshua Cook taking third.

Here are race and tech data:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Results, tech race 3 CCR.jpg Views:	0 Size:	263.5 KB ID:	2796

Dave Muir and PA Watson have established themselves as excellent body painters. At Race 3, Dave took concours honors in both LMP and Pro GTP:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	image_1663.jpg Views:	4 Size:	61.8 KB ID:	2797
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20230506_143043.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	2798

Thanks again to Tom and everyone at Capital City Raceway/Outlaw Paintball for hosting this race.
    Last edited by aquavelvis; May 09, 2023, 10:00 AM.
    Scott Taylor
    Med. Ctr.
    San Antonio

It was a hot,tough 7 heat race in the GTP’s so we would have some turn marshals. I brought a fan but left it in my car...not so smart. Lots of fun though but lots of broken cars too.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	633AB8C2-2BF5-46EA-8BC8-F3C5C78DBB57.jpeg
Views:	144
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	2802Click image for larger version

Name:	00172D56-3259-45FA-AD3C-EE48DCDB2A50.jpeg
Views:	140
Size:	130.1 KB
ID:	2803
      Attached Files

Comment

As to the low lap totals in Pro GTP: I completely forgot until PA reminded me in post #2 that we ran only seven heats because we turned off red lane to gain a second marshal.

Well, duh!

Scott Taylor
        Med. Ctr.
        San Antonio

Comment

The totals were bad regardless.

Comment

Working...
          X