Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing at Magnatech February 17 (Saturday)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing at Magnatech February 17 (Saturday)

Apologies that this is so late, just haven't had a chance to work with Jim on it.

Jim did say last week that he wants to give Group F LMP another shot this week, so it's on. *

As to racing another class, bring your Indy Car and/or a Flexi LMP, and we'll get something going for it/them.

First race at 6 PM.

*Group F LMP is a Magnatech class for wing car chassis with traction magnets and LMP bodies. For now, Jim says "any motor" but in the past it was limited to motors legal in the Scale Series LMP like Stage 4, JK Hawk 7, etc. If you want to take advantage of "any motor" and run a Group 12 or maybe even go brushless, don't forget that it's a break-out race. Last week, Oliver showed up with a brushless motor in one; I didn't get to see it but told it was fast.
    Scott Taylor
    Med. Ctr.
    San Antonio

What was the Group F Lmp break out time set at? I like the idea of it.

Comment

Jim had suggested 4.0 but we didn't race Group F LMP last week, so no breakout time was set. I ran a 4.8 in practice with a car that was thrown together and had the wrong tires. I'm guessing that somebody who paid attention to their build and drives better than me could get down to low 4's easily.

Traction magnets cover a multitude of sins.
      Scott Taylor
      Med. Ctr.
      San Antonio

Comment

Working...
      X